After a long time using your mobile phones or even after a short period, sometimes you may get some problem in its functioning like automatic restart, unable to delete some file, camera not working, virus infected like commwarior, OS works very slow, bluetooth not working, phone hangs or not responding, unable to restart, in that case the first and foremost step is restore your original factory settings. Here I’m telling you how to track back the original factory settings and if the problem still persists than there’s an alternative approach for doing so.
Resetting Phone factory settings by Nokia Secret Codes.
This method is very simple one and you don't have to do much effort. In this process factory settings are restored i.e. phone is switched back to default settings and no application is deleted.
First Method-Normal Reset:
Before you start this first backup your phone books, calender and any other important stuff to your PC or memory card and then simply enter this code
It will ask for “Restore all phone settings-phone will restart….”
Then it will ask for security code, enter your security code whose default value is 12345 and then the phone is reset after restart. After doing all this phone will be restored to the time when you purchased the phone and no application is removed.
Second Method-Hard Reset:
The other method is formatting memory disk. It format the phone memory, everything that has been installed other than the default applications that were present at the time of purchase will be deleted. The phone restored to time to you purchased keeping the original software intact.This reformats completely the C: drive. All applications and files stored on this drive will be lost and clean default files will be rewritten. Files and applications stored on E: drive are not be affected by these sequences.
To do this just enter the code: -#7370#
Then it asks for security code, enter your security code and by default its value is 12345 and process as done in previous method.
Before starting just take backup of all the necessary data like contacts, calender etc.
Note : Battery should be fully charged or be connected to charger so that it may not run out of power.
If you encounter situation like below on your phone:
1. Blank screen phone and/or unable to reboot.
2. Phone only boot-up to "Nokia" word welcome screen.
3. Install some program but not able to uninstall it after that.
4. Unable to delete any unwanted files on C drive.
Do a Full phone formatting on your as steps below :
1. Make sure you have at least 3/4 charge of battery power left.
2. Backup your all contact list and personal files to your memory card or PC.
3. Switch-off your phone and remove memory card.
4. Press and hold three keys : Green dial key, * Star key, no. 3 key on keypad and then press the power on/off button to switch on the phone. Remember! do not let go the 3 press and hold keys until you see a 'formatting' word screen show.
5. After a few minutes when the Full phone formatting completed, your phone will back to original company system and factory setting. Hope your phone will now work fine.